|This article's name is conjectural. Although this article is based on official information, the actual name of the article's subject is pure conjecture.|
|Cause of |
Several counterfeit Chaos Emeralds; rage; seeing injured friends
100 cm (3' 3')
35 kg (77lb)
|Skills, powers and abilities|
Dark Sonic (ダーク・ソニック Dāku Sonikku?), also known as Dark Super Sonic, is Sonic's darker super transformation in the anime series Sonic X. The multitude of fake Chaos Emeralds and Sonic's intense anger allowed him to achieve this transformation.
Dark Sonic seems to have two forms. During his mid-transformation, he still appears like Sonic but his fur is a bluish-black color and has a dark blue aura emitting from his body. In the final phase of his transformation (his full transformation) however, he looks similar to Super Sonic (thus the reason why he is also called Dark Super Sonic). He still retains the dark blue aura around him but his eyes have no pupils or irises, his fur is black and his skin is a dark grey color.
HistoryEditWhen Sonic first crashes into the Metarex's base in episode 67, after seeing how many fake emeralds there are, he feels uneasy. These comments are prompted by the negative energy Sonic can feel from the fake emeralds. It is this dark Chaos Energy that incredibly intensifies Sonic's rage at seeing an unconscious Chris and a terrified Cosmo trapped, that causes him to turn into Dark Sonic in his mid-transfomation form.
Black Narcissus then released two robots, Gold and Silver, he designed to test Sonic's strength and speed. Dark Sonic seems to take a murderous pleasure in doing so, indicated by his mad cackling and evil grin beforehand and quickly tore them apart which then it shows him in is full transformation form. Just then, Doctor Eggman, who declares he has never seen Sonic so worked up before. Eggman says he does not want to see Sonic act out of anger and rage and how it is not good for him as Sonic powers down to his normal self.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As Dark Sonic, Sonic demonstrates light-speed movements, high enough to tear through a robot multiple times within a second simply by dashing through it, while not even being visible. He also possesses very high physical strength, enough to make dents in metal and caves in a robot's face with one punch. He also has the ability to teleport, allowing him to hurt or, in some cases, kill, his enemies in a matter of seconds.
Dark Sonic seems to relish the prospect of murdering the two prototype Metarex, as shown by his demonic grin and mad cackle. In this form, Sonic's rage is out of control and he has even gained the intention to kill. However, he can still control his actions to an extent, as this form is rooted in the darker aspects of Sonic's natural instincts, including the desire to live, trample, and impose over opposition, and on a metaphysical level, the natural occurrence and manifestation of loss, decline, destruction, and death.
- This transformation does not actually have an official name. It is most commonly called "Dark Sonic". Due to its similar appearance to Super Sonic, some fans also use the name "Dark Super Sonic."
- When Sonic transforms into Dark Sonic, his voice sounds slightly lower, similar to Sonic the Werehog.
- Dark Sonic and Darkspine Sonic are similar in that they are both transformations that are provoked by negative emotions, as well as having similar names and appearances.
- When Dark Sonic shows his face for the first time, music that sounds like the Sonic X theme for Shadow the Hedgehog plays shortly before Dark Sonic takes off into battle.
- The events leading to Sonic's transformation into Dark Sonic are paralleled in Sonic and the Secret Rings, resulting in Sonic becoming the extremely similar Darkspine Sonic, but differently colored.